Thread: GS422-1: Thousands of Raster Files in MapGuide: How Do I Make It Work ?

Autodesk, Inc. Autodesk University's Avatar

Default GS422-1: Thousands of Raster Files in MapGuide: How Do I Make It Work ?

Session: GS422-1

Title: Thousands of Raster Files in MapGuide: How Do I Make It Work ?

Instructor: Jeremy Robson

Course Description: Autodesk MapGuide® Enterprise supports the visualization of raster data via a number of Feature Data Objects (FDO) raster data providers. However, the configuration of large volumes of raster data is a mystery to some and confusing to others and, if not done correctly, can lead to apparently poor display performance. This class describes some of the techniques that have been adopted by Autodesk Consulting for the display of large volumes of raster data. The class will commence with an initial introduction to the concepts of data mosaicing and pyramiding. We will continue with a combination of theory along with practical demonstrations of MapGuide Enterprise, MapGuide Studio, and a few other guest applications, which describe how best to prepare and deploy raster data for high performance display and visualization of raster data by MapGuide.
    Attached Files Attached Files