See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Script to Close "File"

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Script to Close "File"

As the OP has discovered, you only need perform a wheel mouse zoom and the close command will no longer work without first poping up a dialogue box, and for a standard macro there is no way to navigate a dialogue, by first saving too a temp file the original dwg is left intact (date and last author etc.) and the file can be closed without the need for any further clicks.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by steven-g View Post
    As the OP has discovered, you only need perform a wheel mouse zoom and the close command will no longer work without first poping up a dialogue box, and for a standard macro there is no way to navigate a dialogue, by first saving too a temp file the original dwg is left intact (date and last author etc.) and the file can be closed without the need for any further clicks.
    Unless it is one of the drafters in my office, which saves, then adjusts the drawing window size, then tries to close it and is prompted to save again. which is then canceled and the drawing remains open for most of the day.

Yes, I know this was about scripts. I don't even think that would help my situation.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by steven-g View Post
    That is an unnecessary workaround.

Either you are directly working in the drawing or you're running something automated like an autolisp routine.
    If the former, then it's not real difficult to pick "No" on the "Save Changes to xxxxx.dwg" dialog.
    If the latter, then you won't get a dialog and your code can handle the command line prompt as the replies in this thread show.
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12