Thread: Cabinet Offset Mystery

Login to Give a bone

Default Cabinet Offset Mystery

I'm attempting to matriculate from Revit User Status Level Newbie-01 to Newbie-02. I'm trying to create a wall mounted recessed mailbox cabinet. I started with a kitchen cabinet as my base family to duplicate. I erased the existing cabinet parts and reference planes except for the wall surface. The new parts are thin metal extrusions off the face of the wall plane.
    Everything looks fine in the family. The box penetrates the wall, and the frame and doors are up against the surface of the wall. All views in the family look fine. However, when I insert the family into the project, the doors are up against the wall surface, but the frame and box are pushed 7/8" in front of the wall. It does not seem to matter which wall family I insert the cabinet into. In the attached image the face of the project wall is to the right, and one is looking at a section through the bottom front of the cabinet. 2 door panels and a partial show on the wall face, while the face and box are pushed out from the wall.
    Thanks, I hope!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Cabinet Offset Mystery

Problem solved, the errant pieces were NOT set to the wall face work plane. I reset them and everything is in place.