Thread: dynamic block to write automatically door width value and door type accordingly.

Login to Give a bone

Default dynamic block to write automatically door width value and door type accordingly.

Hi All,

I would like to relate two other questions on the door of my previous thread http://forums.augi.com/showthread.ph...d-when-flipped

1- I cannot manage to make autocad write down the door width parameter value on a door tag inside the block. In block editor I put an attribute, insert field to take distance value from parameter, but when i insert the block, I only get ### and it says "the object referenced by the field has been erased". (After block insertation, in "enhanced attribute editor" deleting ###s and inserting fields again it shows distance value)

2- Furthermore, I also would like to make door type to change according to door width value when i play with the width grip, eg;
    if width parameter="80" then write "K1"
    if it=90 then write "K2"
    if it=100 then write "K3"
    etc...

Any help will be highly appreciated
    Thx in advance
    Tolga
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: dynamic block to write automatically door width value and door type accordingly.

I'm not sure what trouble you were having with the attribute. I have found that in order to change a field value that has 'gone wrong', it is often necessary to delete the old field and save the attribute, then open it back up and insert the new field. I did so on your block and it works fine. I used a BlockPlaceholder field referencing the width parameter. For the 'K' value I added a lookup which gives the K value for the various widths. I then inserted the K attribute which references the lookup with a blockplaceholder field. A regen is required to update the fields.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: dynamic block to write automatically door width value and door type accordingly.

That solved my trouble. I need to do it on my own to understand it better though.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Let me know if you get stuck and need more info.