See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Is there any real way to rotate one building, along with all its documentation?

Login to Give a bone

Default Is there any real way to rotate one building, along with all its documentation?

We have an apartment project with 3 buildings, which we did all in the same Revit file. Each building is at the same elevation, but are different angles with respect to each other.

Now Civil wants to rotate one building by ONE degree. That seems next to impossible to do without messing up a ton of stuff and making bucket loads of extra work for us.

I realize that having each building in separate files is usually the way to go, but we're near the end of CD's now, and sitework has already started. Thoughts?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Is there any real way to rotate one building, along with all its documentation?

Rotate with respect to true north, leave project north the same.
    Basically I'd have all the buildings modeled with project north up or to the right.
    Using shared coords in the site model I'd adjust the rotation there.
    If you documented using project north and documented in the Building model and not the Site model, you should be fine that way.
    If you were thinking cad....
    Rotate the xref in the site drawing, not the building model file in its own model space.
    Make sense?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Is there any real way to rotate one building, along with all its documentation?

Hi Patricks! Could you not separate the building from the project and turn it back as a link? What´s the problem about that?

Login to Give a bone

If there's 3 of them on site I just assumed they were all liked and not 3 copies of the same model. That would just seem to be silly.

Login to Give a bone

There are 3 buildings, and they're all different, and they're all connected by breezeways. Everything is in one model, including site layout.

Login to Give a bone

If you want "Project North" to be up on the sheet for each one, I believe you can rotate the view on the sheet can't you?
    Similar to using the twist command in acad?
    I don't think you can rotate scope boxes, but I think you can rotate views on a sheet.
    If you're all in one file and not linked in, you won't be able to do much else unless I'm missing something.

Login to Give a bone

One building needs to rotate one degree, relative to the site and all the other buildings. Something about needing more room for bushes between the building and property line.

Revit Forum Manager Steve_Stafford's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

This is another example of why using a Master Site model and separate building models is an advantage. This would be a trivial matter if done that way.

Login to Give a bone

Did you try the terrible way of selecting all that building and use the rotate tool? But i agree with Peterson.