Thread: Corridor Top

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default Corridor Top

I want to be able to snap to any part of my Corridor model and the Z will pick up only the top surface. I have unchecked some of the feature lines under the "Feature Lines" tab in the Corridor Properties such as ETW_SubBase & EPS_Sub which appear to be subgrade and that has helped a lot.

I guess what I am asking here now is ... Is there away to create or manage the Corridor model so that it only generates TOP codes?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Corridor Top

Have you checked the specified Code Set Style to see what can be turned off?
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

I started to tinker around in there Opie and was not sure of myself about that. I wondered if how I could create a code set for just "TOP"

Login to Give a bone

If your stated intention is to acquire the Z (elevation) for your Corridor's 'top' surface, would it not then be simpler to just produce the Corridor's Top Surface and query that?
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

I am producing the top surface for my corridor. I like to use Feature lines to tie GO surfaces to my corridor surface or use a feature and a stepped Feature line for some very quick curb returns. I want to snap to a corridor and know that its always assigning the top surface Z. As the corridor is now it seem to want to snap to subgrade code points sometimes. That's my specific issue.

Login to Give a bone

Perhaps this is just a difference in workflow; I only use Corridor model to extract proposed Surfaces from which to add site grading, pull volume reports, etc. The Corridor is never actually part of my plan set, so I never need to query it (the Corridor), I just query, extract from, or push Feature Lines to the Surface.

Sorry I cannot be of more help.

Cheers
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by tim_newsome View Post
    I started to tinker around in there Opie and was not sure of myself about that. I wondered if how I could create a code set for just "TOP"
    When trying to attach feature lines to corridor points, I typically have an isometric 3D view showing. This allows me to visualize the locations I am attempting to connect to.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Of course you can Tim Newsome. To build on Opie's first response, construct a Code Set Style that only shows the top links and markers. You can verify that by using it in your assemblies, then just make sure that is the same one you use in your corridor.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Thanks Guys. That is the information I was hoping to see.