Thread: Archibus Groups Inventory

Login to Give a bone

Default Archibus Groups Inventory

I want to start using portfolio forecasting, and, going by what I’ve read in the help files, it looks like I need to begin using groups in order to be able to accomplish that.

“draw the groups on the floor plan using polyline boundaries” sounds simple enough… but, we do have some agile teams here.
    For those who use Groups, how do you account for groups/space ownership when you’ve got teams working together who are comprised of people from different departments and divisions?
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Archibus Groups Inventory

Oh, and just because I know some kind soul will suggest Prorating, the options available don't quite work the way I'd want them to in our buildings.

You can set a group's Prorate field to one of these values:
    •NONE -- If the group represents a specific departmental area, and not a shared area, set the Prorate to NONE.
    •FLOOR -- By setting a group's Prorate field to FLOOR, you are designating that this area is shared by the departments on the floor. Typical examples of group floor common areas are lounges and reception areas that serve all departments on a floor.
    •BUILDING -- By setting a group's Prorate field to BUILDING, you are designating that this area is shared by all the departments within the building. A typical example of group building common area is an auditorium or business center serving all departments in the building.
    •SITE -- By setting a group's Prorate field to SITE, you are designating that this area is shared by all departments across the facility site. A mail center serving all departments across the site is an example.
    The agile teams might be comprised of some team members whose departments are not in the same building, nor the same floor, as the space they're working in.
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost