See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Thinking of purchasing 360 Glue

All AUGI, all the time Liamnacuac's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Thinking of purchasing 360 Glue

My organization is considering purchasing BIM360 Glue and Field. It makes total sense to me, but I haven't heard any news about it, no complaints (which is hard to believe for a new Autodesk product), no praises (also hard to believe for a cloud based Revit product), nothing. I am looking for honest comments, not sales based comments, that I have in spades..
    I'm also interested to learn if the purchasing plan we're looking at is Autodesk based or Vendor based, as it is a new concept to me. It isn't based on "Per Seat/Per year".

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Thinking of purchasing 360 Glue

I've heard good things about Field and Glue. I haven't had to do much with it, but we've had many contractors that were using (and paying for) it.
    We just starting using the new C4R (Collaborate for Revit), think Revit server, but on a cloud (AWS site) so your firm doesn't need to worry about the security of it or allowing others onto your network since it's hosted on AWS.
    Seems to work great when it's working. It's a newer product so they're still making lots of tweaks for it.
    If you're on the design side I'd say C4R is a better way to go.
    If you're looking at something more for Construction coordination, then I'd say Glue might be better (and I think it's cheaper).
    C4R I think was $800 per seat per year or $100 Per seat per month. Don't quote me on that since I never saw the actual bill but those were the numbers being tossed around.
    C4R allows everyone on the design team to view model updates in real time time, has some great notification features and works decent as long as you have a good connection to the outside world (for both up an down). I'm not totally sold on it yet as they continue to make "adjustments" which sometimes cause you to not have access to the server which means basically you can't do much without using a local copy then uploading it later to overwrite it.
    Good concept, but you will be beholden to Autodesk. Another thing I'm not generally a fan of.
    Just my 2 cents.