See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Collaboration for Revit

Login to Give a bone

Default Collaboration for Revit

does anyone have experience with this? we had been looking at the possibility of an offsite server company to deal with exactly what this does, at least it seems that. Can you use this in lieu of a server? I would think so because the model is hosted on the 360 cloud. big question is, do you need a license per version of revit, or is it per office? if per office, i would assume this would be a great option for intera-office work sharing.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Collaboration for Revit

Look at this thread for more options in collaboration of Revit BIM. Panzura looks good.
    http://forums.augi.com/showthread.ph...ud-based-Revit

Login to Give a bone

It's per seat that you want to use. You can do it yearly (~800) or Monthly (~100).
    From there you can what they call a HUB I believe.
    We're using it somewhat successfully on an IPD project right now. Generally works until Adesk puts out a "Fix".
    The team that's using it tends to like it.
    The cost is coming directly out of the project fee. We're just getting started so we don't have a ton of work going on in it just yet, but we plan to shortly.
    A little pricey, but it's basically Revit Server on a cloud. All you need is a decent connection to the outside world.
    I don't think this would replace the Server that you have in house, since you'll still need one, but it's close to a good solution vs using other services and WAN Accelerators or RDP's (IMHO)

All AUGI, all the time Liamnacuac's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Hi Dave!

Do you have any updates to this thread? I'd like to know is it is a good tool from Autodesk, or if it fits somewhere between Panzura and Revit server.

Login to Give a bone

Way better than Panzura. It's basically Revit Server on a cloud.
    Once you get it set up, it seems to work great. There's a hiccup once in a while if you start to add or remove seats. Autodesk seems to screw that up every time we purchase additional seats to our Hub and start another project. But they are rather quick to fix it.
    Only had 2 times where we were down unexpectedly for a short amount of time. But that's is.
    Bates gave a great presentation at AU this year on C4R. They have a little commercial out there that talks a little more about it.
    https://autodesk.app.box.com/s/twvjh...rl02wkynompz8e
    I'm really not trying to make a plug for them or A360 but this provides some good information about it.
    Take it with a grain of salt since I'd bet Adesk paid for it, so they didn't talk about the issues with it.
    But it's working well for us and we've decided to use it on another very large project with multiple consultants.
    So we can host our models there and post them along with many other documents for client review.
    Hope this helps.

All AUGI, all the time Liamnacuac's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

It does, and so did your other letter to me! Right now my battle is to get managers to understand cloud use, and how it is the way of the future (or today really). I understand the concern for security, but really, we are engineering infrastructure, not creating a new weapon or dealing with personal information. I think once we show them there are security measures and how much money can be saved, they will acquiesce.

Login to Give a bone

As an update I'll say this.
    Up until the end of May, things were going smoothly with C4R without any major issues, just some small headaches that usually resolved themselves very quickly.
    However lately we've been having a some "Major" issues. I've had people that can't get in even though they have a license. We've been working with Development people to find and fix the problem, but it's still going on. I've had employees that haven't been able to get in to do their work for days on end.
    They say they're fixing the issue, but we haven't seen much of an improvement.

Login to Give a bone

Selection cannot be copied.
    Can't Copy to Clipboard because of relationships between Elements. I'm getting this error. I'm not able to copy specialty equipment from level to level. I'm not even able to copy it.