Thread: Autodesk 360 won't connect - "No Internet Connection"

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Autodesk 360 won't connect - "No Internet Connection"

Hi Guys,

In our office we use application features that needs to connect to A360 in order for us to use it. One specific feature that my team uses is the map overlay/underlay in Civil 3D. It worked like a charm for quite a while all of a sudden just stopped. My "usage" stopped about three months ago, another colleague's stopped about two weeks and another's a few days ago. When we try to log in from Civil 3D(and other packages also) we get a message that says "No internet connection". Our company's IT department doesn't know what is going on and how to fix it. We contacted our local supplier and theirs works fine and they can't help us either.

Here's a list of circumstances and some of our suspicions and what we did to fix it:

• Our server blocks traffic from a website when a certain data usage limit has been reached -> We connected via 3G thus bypassing the server firewall and we still get the error.
    • I thought it might be something that changed on my PC -> My colleague got kicked out while he was using the feature, so it is not major changes on the computer side.
    • The service may have stopped from Autodesk's side -> People outside the company can still use it.
    • Infraworks 360 and its features work on our systems, we can also log in to our accounts via a web browser.
    • We tried Autodesk's listed solution:

We are tired of struggling with this and our only other solution is to use Google Earth and manually scale and position the aerial images.

Have any of you guys experienced this before and know how to fix this?

Your assistance is greatly appreciated. Charl

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Autodesk 360 won't connect - "No Internet Connection"

I ran into this a while back, and after multiple back-and forths, over weeks if not months, IT finally figured it out. This is their response -- pass it on to your IT folk. Whether it applies in your case..... I dunno

The cipher suite used by dev.virtualearth.net is not compatible with our proxy server. Created a rule on the proxy server to do a TCP tunnel on all traffic destined for 132.253.14.8 (dev.virtualearth.net) over port 443 (SSL).

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Autodesk 360 won't connect - "No Internet Connection"

submit it to Autodesk tech support I had some stuff going on with 360 that was causing some problems finally got a call from Autodesk tech and he figured it out and walked me through the solution.