Thread: A360 sign-in = worksharing name

Login to Give a bone

Default A360 sign-in = worksharing name

I really have to wonder why this was implemented this way. If I'm signed into A360 in Revit, it automatically changes my worksharing name to be the same as my A360 user name (my full work email address). If I sign out, then change my worksharing name back to what it has always been, then sign into A360 again, it won't let me sign in because my worksharing name doesn't match my A360 username.

What kind of stupid BS is this?? Most of my users don't have Autodesk/A360 accounts, and I would rather all users keep the same worksharing naming convention instead of some users having an email address as their worksharing name, and other people having something different.

What is the reason for tying those two things together? It seems really pointless to me.

Certifiable AUGI Addict Dimitri Harvalias's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: A360 sign-in = worksharing name

Not saying it's right or wrong but the rationale behind this is that in order to access cloud based services or services that require collaboration across the web Autodesk decided the best way to do it was to 'demand' that everyone have an Autodesk ID and that they be signed in to access these features.
    There was a great hew and cry when this was first implemented because it caused all sorts of issues for system admin folks.

Login to Give a bone

Yeah I've been behind on the Revit updates lately, and honestly we don't really use any cloud services at this point. Guess I'll just leave mine not signed in.

Do you know about what time or which update release implemented this requirement?

All AUGI, all the time kyle.bernhardt's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

This change was implemented in Revit 2015's original release, and was made for consistent identity across Revit and other products and services in the Revit cloud. I went into a little more detail over on this thread, and am open to questions you have once you take a look there.

-Kyle