Thread: Matchline Stationing using fields

Login to Give a bone

Default Matchline Stationing using fields

Is there a way to put a field in a matchline text string that would place the start station on one side of the sheet and the end station on the other? I have 20,000 lf of sheets to label and that's without the route changes that are sure to come. Any help is GREATLY appreciated. I'm attaching an image file for clarification.

Rq
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Matchline Stationing using fields

Fields do not work with Civil 3D objects.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

I must be missing something somehow. I'm able to get the title of every sheet to generate the stationing spread for each individual sheet using fields. Sometimes I create 20 sheets using the Plan and Production tab, and the stationing is placed in the title using fields that reference the SSM.
    There must be a way to grab the stationing somehow, my worry is that I've been looking at this so hard for so long that I'm overlooking the obvious. Maybe its a function that's best handled by a diesel or lisp expression, which, by the by I have no knowledge on.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

The plan production tools does that automation for you in the sheet set manager. Thus, the field is referencing the sheet set manager, which was set by that tool. Unfortunately, Civil 3D object properties are not available as fields.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Awesome!! Wish there was a way to create user defined fields.......Ok so now for some crazy-funky work around, probably involving SSM and custom properties. Wish me luck.

Thank you, Opie

Rq

Login to Give a bone

Custom Sheet Fields would work. It's just a manual process. To automate it, you would need to go with a .NET solution as SSM is not exposed to AutoLISP.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

That will definitely be easier than going to each individual sheet and editing 2 text strings per sheet and I'll have the stationing spread in the properties box to go by. Should reduce error.
    Thanks again Opie