Thread: Legend creation

Wish List Administration
    Login to Give a bone

Default Legend creation

Summary: Create a legend of symbols with a block count as well as a short description

Description: I work in the retail enviroment and regularly need to draw up legends of Merchandise symbols, electrical, light fittings etc. Currently we have a standard legend drawn up and use the expresstools "block count" comand to count the blocks in the specific catogary. The problem is once the information in the drawing changes we need to redo the legends and counts. This leaves room for mistakes.
    I would like to create a legend of blocks selected in a drawing which will update as the quantities change in real time.
    The legend should contain the block name, block symbol, block count as well as a detailed description of the part. There are a few lisp routines that can do this but the block symbol comes out very small and there is no detailed description of the block other than the name.

I know that you can do this with tables but it is not the quickest way to do this. Also one would still have to update teh legend once changes are made.

Product and Feature: AutoCAD Architecture - AEC Dimensions

Submitted By: Shams Parker on 11/13/2015

Wish List Administration
    Login to Give a bone

Exclamation Re: Legend creation

Legend creation

Summary: Create a legend of symbols with a block count as well as a short description

Description: I work in the retail enviroment and regularly need to draw up legends of Merchandise symbols, electrical, light fittings etc. Currently we have a standard legend drawn up and use the expresstools "block count" comand to count the blocks in the specific catogary. The problem is once the information in the drawing changes we need to redo the legends and counts. This leaves room for mistakes.
    I would like to create a legend of blocks selected in a drawing which will update as the quantities change in real time.
    The legend should contain the block name, block symbol, block count as well as a detailed description of the part. There are a few lisp routines that can do this but the block symbol comes out very small and there is no detailed description of the block other than the name.

I know that you can do this with tables but it is not the quickest way to do this. Also one would still have to update teh legend once changes are made.

Wish List Administration
    Login to Give a bone

Legend creation

Wish List Administration
    Login to Give a bone

Legend creation

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Legend creation

You may be able to do this with AutoCAD Architecture Schedule Tables.

Wish List Administration
    Login to Give a bone

Legend creation

Submitted By: sparker441180 on 11/13/2015

Wish List Administration
    Login to Give a bone

Legend creation

Wish List Administration
    Login to Give a bone

Legend creation