Thread: Custom Training Through Autodesk Resellers

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Question Custom Training Through Autodesk Resellers

We are a consulting firm that has a very small niche market. We have used the online training videos such as on Lynda.com, but we need more specific training. Has anyone used a company like Imaginit or MicroCad for custom training? If so, how did it work out for you? We are needing to build a lot of custom electrical and networking families and the videos seem obsessed with furniture and architectural families. We have too many unanswered questions when done with the videos, thus the need for the ability to ask questions during the training specific to our family types. Thanks in advance for any responses!

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Custom Training Through Autodesk Resellers

Quote Originally Posted by stickflicker View Post
    We are a consulting firm that has a very small niche market. We have used the online training videos such as on Lynda.com, but we need more specific training. Has anyone used a company like Imaginit or MicroCad for custom training? If so, how did it work out for you? We are needing to build a lot of custom electrical and networking families and the videos seem obsessed with furniture and architectural families. We have too many unanswered questions when done with the videos, thus the need for the ability to ask questions during the training specific to our family types. Thanks in advance for any responses!
    I looked to our resellers to try to get training back when I was starting out, but, working MEP on the Facilities side, there wasn't much available for me at the time, so the resellers all referred me to Autodesk University. It had FM and MEP and data management and programming classes that are probably too niche for most wide-spread users (needing really good instructors, plus a large enough demand).

Now, since AMEP and RMEP came out, I think more of the local places might have one or two SME's on hand that are capable of good training as well as answering questions, because they've had the time for hands on experience.

There are independent trainers out there, too, I've heard who could probably customize lessons for your uses after doing a good interview with your team and understanding your needs. I've never used anyone like that, but, I've heard mention of it. Maybe try looking here to see if anyone offers that service.
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Custom Training Through Autodesk Resellers

Most resellers are going to use the training books by Ascent which do not really focus on building MEP families but do touch on it. Many years ago that's all I did was build Families and could not find any real good information on that subject matter especially the MEP side and to be honest I learned a lot from the trial and error approach. I have also worked for a reseller locally and was the one responsible for giving MEP Revit family training which was a highly desired course. Just Revit MEP in general was keeping me busy as it seems like the MEP side is slower in the adoption of Revit. So I would say its going to be a toss up if there will be value with you brining in a reseller for training. You always have some very knowledgeable people here that you could always use.