Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where did all these junk line styles and render materials come from???

All AUGI, all the time Duncan Lithgow's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Where did all these junk line styles and render materials come from???

Quote Originally Posted by amorie View Post
    ... if they are set to be visible in the view template. They apparently don't need to be in use.
    What do you mean by 'visible' & 'in use'. How can some thing be visible but not in use? I find that we need to be very specific about language use with Revit. They use terms oddly and very specifically, that's why I'm just trying to be sure I understand you.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Where did all these junk line styles and render materials come from???

No, no one else has worked on the file other than me, and no view templates were brought in, nor have any CAD files even been brought into the project much less exploded.

Login to Give a bone

Duncan, what I meant by "in use" was the existence of an object. In this case, the view doesn't need to have a line of a specific linetype placed in the view that is being controlled by a view template.

All AUGI, all the time Duncan Lithgow's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by amorie View Post
    Duncan, what I meant by "in use" was the existence of an object. In this case, the view doesn't need to have a line of a specific linetype placed in the view that is being controlled by a view template.
    Got it! Thanks. A similar example is when inserting a detail group from outside into a project. Even while the Detail Group is not placed anywhere in the model, it's still in the model file, so its Text Types, Line Styles etc can't be purged, some things can't even be recognized as in the file by various tools for selecting an element. For example when cleaning up in non-standard Line Styles.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12