See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Make ACA DISAPPEAR forever

Wish List Administration
    Login to Give a bone

Default Make ACA DISAPPEAR forever

Summary: ACA is actually a a full FAKE program that nobody uses as it's not a BIM and it's a total CAD mess

Description: Architectural Desktop shold have never existed as a platform. Only some partial commands have been usefull when they can be used is Autocad

Product and Feature: AutoCAD Architecture - AEC Modify Tools

Submitted By: RogerRebbit on 11/27/2015

Wish List Administration
    Login to Give a bone

Exclamation Re: Make ACA DISAPPEAR forever

Make ACA DISAPPEAR forever

Summary: ACA is actually a a full FAKE program that nobody uses as it's not a BIM and it's a total CAD mess

Description: Architectural Desktop shold have never existed as a platform. Only some partial commands have been usefull when they can be used is Autocad

Wish List Administration
    Login to Give a bone

Make ACA DISAPPEAR forever

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Make ACA DISAPPEAR forever

ACA is a solid vertical platform on the AutoCAD engine and is absolutely a BIM solution. B - Building, you build modeled designs using styled objects that connect and relate to each other in significant ways to their type. I - Information - there are inherent properties and attachable property data to the objects that can be extracted and used for design reporting and object controls. M - Modeling/Management - all main object types existing in flat plan view display and modeled view display. They are also responsive to design management processes and tools.
    ACA qualifies on all three of the main criteria for a BIM solution. In addition, it operates on the familiar base platform of AutoCAD which is much more flexible and customizable than Revit as a comparison.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

OK we get it. You have no idea what you are doing or talking about.
    Why are you even here commenting?
    I use it every day and find it a great tool.
    You cannot? Don't use it. Go find something else.
    Perhaps sketchup is more your level.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by pheadpro View Post
    ACA is a solid vertical platform on the AutoCAD engine and is absolutely a BIM solution. B - Building, you build modeled designs using styled objects that connect and relate to each other in significant ways to their type. I - Information - there are inherent properties and attachable property data to the objects that can be extracted and used for design reporting and object controls. M - Modeling/Management - all main object types existing in flat plan view display and modeled view display. They are also responsive to design management processes and tools.
    ACA qualifies on all three of the main criteria for a BIM solution. In addition, it operates on the familiar base platform of AutoCAD which is much more flexible and customizable than Revit as a comparison.

yes .. I know .. some say that Sketchup is BIM too

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by neje View Post
    OK we get it. You have no idea what you are doing or talking about.
    Why are you even here commenting?
    I use it every day and find it a great tool.
    You cannot? Don't use it. Go find something else.
    Perhaps sketchup is more your level.

I don't believe you

Anyone who has tried to model that pseudo-3D objects will know that's simply impossible to model a whole medium building. Anyone who has tried to make a simple section will know that they're unpresentable. Anyone who has worked, understood and reached the control of the "Style Manager" will know that nobody else will waste so much time to get so little work done. Anyone who has achieved to deliver a project using ACA will never do it again for sure. Of course anyone who has tried to use it as a full system will prefer Sketchup or Revit, or will go back to 2D Autocad.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

You are only confirming your own level of incompetency!
    I model whole buildings all the time and use complex sections and I have a reputation for drawing quality.
    If you can't that is only a reflection on your lack of ability.
    It matters not what you believe.

Sketchup? Seriously?

Wish List Administration
    Login to Give a bone

This wish has been reported by a member.

This thread is closed to further posts while the request is being reviewed by administrators.