Thread: AutoCAD (2016) lock annotation scale to object

Login to Give a bone

Default AutoCAD (2016) lock annotation scale to object

Hi all,

Is there a way of locking annotation scale to an object or xref? I think the answer is no, but there migt be someone that has a solution.
    the reason I'd need that is I have a plan at certain scale (lets say 1:200) as an xref and sections that are between 1:10, 25, 50. When changing scale in model space that suits the small scales, the xref is changed as well and it makes it hard to work with it sometimes. It would be nice to have it locked at certain scale.

Btw, I tried to add this to wish list here on Augi but this feature does not seem to work (the product list is empty) so you cannot search.

Thank you guys

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: AutoCAD (2016) lock annotation scale to object

I do not believe a annotation scale locking solution is available. With that, I typically annotate in a sheet drawing which is intended for plotting in some form or fashion instead of within a model XREF. This way, I can control the annotation scale per sheet.

BTW, you can search the wish list within the forums. If you are not seeing an option to add a wish to a product through our wish list system, it means you may not have selected a wish list supported product within your account. You can select your products on your Membership Details page of your account.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt