View Poll Results: Who in your firm has multiple monitors (multiple selections allowed)

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Programmer

2 28.57%
  • Designer

3 42.86%
  • Drafter

4 57.14%
  • CAD Manager

3 42.86%
  • Engineer / Project Manager

3 42.86%
  • Administrative Staff

2 28.57%
  • All of the above

5 71.43%
  • Noone

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Large Dual Monitor Survey

Login to Give a bone

Default Large Dual Monitor Survey

I am just curious how other companies handle who has dual monitors. I work at an engineering company and we are rolling out large format dual monitors company wide. What have you seen at your companies as far as who should get these first and who really needs them? In our office we have engineers, designers, and admin.

Thanks!

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Large Dual Monitor Survey

We are moving anyone that works with CAD and Revit to Dual Dell U2713H monitors... (27")
    Michael "MP" Patrick
    "I only drink :coffee: until it's acceptable to drink :beer: or :whiskey: or :wine:"

Login to Give a bone

All CAD users who want them get dual 24" monitors. So almost all of them. One accountant has dual monitors because of the use of large spreadsheets.

Login to Give a bone

I guess what I am trying to figure out is who should have priority for getting the large dual screen monitors first. I am a designer, and I am posting this in a design centered forum, but I am hoping for unbiased observations from other companies. It has been my experience that when dual monitors even became feasible, it was designers that were the first, if not the only ones to get them within the company. A majority of the designers within our company use Revit and/or AutoCAD Plant 3D along with Navisworks.

So far it sounds like designers are the first to get dual large format displays. More input would be appreciated.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by brsandstrom715720 View Post
    I guess what I am trying to figure out is who should have priority for getting the large dual screen monitors first. I am a designer, and I am posting this in a design centered forum, but I am hoping for unbiased observations from other companies. It has been my experience that when dual monitors even became feasible, it was designers that were the first, if not the only ones to get them within the company. A majority of the designers within our company use Revit and/or AutoCAD Plant 3D along with Navisworks.

So far it sounds like designers are the first to get dual large format displays. More input would be appreciated.
    First our programmer, then our cad mangler (aka, me)... as of the time that I left, no one else, because bosses were cheap. We had engineers and admins and PM's, but it was a small team.
    My current company? EVERYONE has duals, though not as large as the ones that I had in my last gig. Everyone does benefit, emails and spreadsheets are used by all in our company.
    Personally, I do more coding than cadding these days, and having multiple screens is even more vital for that, imho. So, I'd say programmer, designer, cad manager, engineer, pm, admins, then anyone else left over.

Seems like I saw Robin Capper (RobinZ CAD Blog) post some proof of concept justification for giving everyone duals. Can't search blogs from here, though. Also thought I'd run a poll or survey on how many people already have them, but, I can't find anything in the library or surveys archive... lol, looks like I'll have to add that to my list for 2016.
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost

Login to Give a bone

A multiple choice poll was added to this thread.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Everyone gets dual monitors in my company, not necessarily "large" as he thread title suggests.

However, the designers usually get the bigger, nicer ones as we are running Revit, Navisworks, AutoCAD, Civil3d etc..