Thread: Revit MEP Certification

Login to Give a bone

Question Revit MEP Certification

Has anyone taken this exam? And if so, was it hard?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Revit MEP Certification

Depends on your expertise of the software. You'll need to know all the flavors of MEP as well as their (Autodesk's) recommended amount of steps to accomplish the certain tasks or you'll get it wrong.

Login to Give a bone

The Revit MEP 2016 certification is now broke up into MP and E. I took both out to AU this year and must say they were challenging but should be. I got 2 wrong on MP and 1 on E. I heard that 70% of people who took it at AU failed. Not sure if that stat is right or not but all the people i talked to did not pass. The questions are typical Autodesk questions in asking how well you can take a test not how well you actually know the tool. But i think its getting to be where it needs to to be called a Certified professional exam.
    Last edited by nathan.chapman; 2016-01-13 at 01:28 PM.

Login to Give a bone

Thanks Nathan,
    Its a new information as Revit MEP certification Splits into MP and E. actually its really required that. I am Electrical and Certified in 2015 i was not having much issue to take the 2015 certification due to my experience and working in a multi design firm. However, I was forced to learn HVAC & Plumbing.
    its really good to know that Electrical certification is now seperate

Login to Give a bone

Yes, thats great to hear. That makes sense to split it up like that. And i agree about typical Autodesk exams. I worked for resellers and some of the exams we had to take to keep our gold and platinum status were ridiculous. Anyway, thanks for the info!

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by tbodor View Post
    Depends on your expertise of the software. You'll need to know all the flavors of MEP as well as their (Autodesk's) recommended amount of steps to accomplish the certain tasks or you'll get it wrong.
    That annoyed the **** out of me on the 2015 exam. I passed, but I'm pretty sure I would have gotten a perfect score if I'd bothered to perform all of the superfluous tasks they listed before asking their actual question.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

I'll be curious to see the 2016 exam later this year, assuming Gilmore Global offers another Open Doors Certification Days event. That's the time I take my exams to save a huge amount in cost.

Anyway, I took the RMEP 2015 exam last year and was both happy and disappointed with it. I've been taking the Revit Architecture and AutoCAD exams for a few years now, and was always upset that there wasn't a MEP version of either. In fact, I had already taken the Revit Architecture 2015 exam earlier in the year, and then took the RMEP 2015 exam in October at the last Open Doors event after learning it was available.

That being said, the exam itself could've been harder, but in other ways could've been easier. Some of the questions were very easy for anyone who knows RMEP, but others were challenging and you really needed to know some workarounds to get the answer they wanted. I found myself wondering how many people would've actually been able to answer correctly, if they hadn't been teaching it like I have for the last 5 years.

For what it's worth, I left a lengthy response to the exam's survey at the end--expressing my feelings--so hopefully the exam has improved. IMO it was quite obvious that last year's version was the first pass, and I told them that. Regardless, it feels good to finally have a MEP certification that I can feel good about.

One final thought, you don't have to take the latest and greatest exam. You can choose to take the 2015 version, so maybe consider that if you have any doubts of passing the 2016 version, but want a MEP cert

Login to Give a bone

I want to get certified. I have been using Revit MEP for a couple years on and off and I'm pretty confident with the basics and good model setup practices. However, I feel I need some prep and official training for the exam. Does Autodesk offer any online classes or training for this? Are there any recommendations to what I need to do to prepare? I searched online before posting this but I just seem to find advertising websites.