See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Revit viewer

Login to Give a bone

Question Revit viewer

Is a360 viewer a viable revit model viewer? PMs need something to view models but don't want to waste a seat on them...

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Revit viewer

Are talking about floor plans or the ability to walk around in the model? I would look at giving them Naviswork Freedom. All PM's and field staff in our office use it. Now this cant open a native rvt file but instead a nwd file. Your office would have to get in the practice of creating nwd's in Navisworks Simulate or Manage. I don't like to have my users logging in every time they want to view the model and most the time the internet connection on site is spotty at best so A360 just isn't a good solution for us. Another thing with A360 is large models in the viewer just chug.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by DougBIM View Post
    Is a360 viewer a viable revit model viewer? PMs need something to view models but don't want to waste a seat on them...
    A "Revit Viewer 20xx" shortcut should appear under the Start > All Programs > Autodesk > Revit 20xx. If your PMs start with that, they will be in viewer mode and will not pull a license (if you have network licenses). If you do not have network licenses, I am not sure if you can install Revit with just the viewer option, although if you do so and do not activate it, you would get a 30-day trial after which it would work in viewer mode.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by dkoch View Post
    A "Revit Viewer 20xx" shortcut should appear under the Start > All Programs > Autodesk > Revit 20xx. If your PMs start with that, they will be in viewer mode and will not pull a license (if you have network licenses). If you do not have network licenses, I am not sure if you can install Revit with just the viewer option, although if you do so and do not activate it, you would get a 30-day trial after which it would work in viewer mode.
    I'm probably mistaken, but I thought Revit was a viewer if not licensed.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

We have standalone licenses. I know the "viewer" is installed when you install Revit, but didn't see a separate install for just the viewer. I will look into downloading maybe a trial and see if i can just use it as a viewer as Opie mentioned. Thanks!

Login to Give a bone

Don't take my word for it. I have rarely used Revit. I just thought I remember there was a note stating that it was a viewer the last time installing it. I could be completely mistaken.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

I could stop if I wanted to hugh.69031's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Add /viewer to the command you use to run Revit. Here's an example:

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Revit Architecture 2016\Revit.exe" /viewer /language ENU