Quote Originally Posted by riza3430 View Post
In order to set an assigned coordinate system I need to go into the settings tab on toolspace, right click on the drawing name and edit drawing settings, is that correct?
Yes. That is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by riza3430 View Post
What I was trying to do was import the text file as a grid layout which is on a 2m by 2m grid I believe with a ‘x’ and a point number at each lidar point so I could then stitch the points together to create a ground profile. At each ‘x’ it would be the correct eastings, northings and z value as per the text file. Am I going about this the right way or am I making a right mess somewhere? My final goal is to create a long section with a proposed water main running through the area but I first need to import the data to create an existing ground profile.

Are there any step by steps guide or can anyone point me in the right direction please?
I would recommend using a point cloud instead as point clouds typically have a large amount of points. It will also allow you to assign a coordinate system to the point cloud that may differ from your drawing. Once the cloud is created, you can create a surface from points in the cloud.