See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Working LISP's Do Not Work in 2016

I could stop if I wanted to CEHill's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Angry Working LISP's Do Not Work in 2016

I now receive several error messages related to LISP code syntax errors when these same LISP files worked well in releases prior to the 2016 AutoCAD release.

I define custom Search File Support Paths in AutoCAD that include folders directly under my hard drive C:\ that includes LISP files (including an ACADDOC.lsp file that includes Autoload and Setvar statements).
    Among these files is a custom PGP file that now shows syntax errors that worked on previous releases as well.

FYI: I turned 'OFF' the SECURELOAD setting with the understanding that it is not recommended.

One suggestion received by a colleague is to move/copy these custom files to the AutoCAD 2016 (installation) directory where the application's CUIX file(s) reside and see if that works.

COMMENT: It is amazing to me how the custom files' contents worked until 2016 that now alleges via command line feedback that there are LISP syntax errors e.g., malformed list on input, etc.

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Working LISP's Do Not Work in 2016

Need to know what errors on what files. Can you attach or include a file with the malformed list error?

- - - Updated - - -

Older routines using the QUI snap will no longer run in 2016, OSMODE values are different as well.

I could stop if I wanted to CEHill's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Hi again Tom,

I grafted in your excellent ACADDOC.lsp years back and definitely benefited from your assistance at that time.

About the changes in 2016: REALLY! How (in the world) and where do you find out about the changes?

- - - Updated - - -

Tom B.

OUr colleague from the lately non-functioning and hopefully to be revived WAUN group, Tommy Holder, has helped me with what are actual and verified LISP syntax errors (You know, the old parenthesis matching issue - per the error message). The user typing here introduced an error. I thank you for your concern and appreciate your guidance.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by chillme1 View Post

About the changes in 2016: REALLY! How (in the world) and where do you find out about the changes?
    Changes, additions, deletions, etc. to commands, system variables, autolisp functions, etc. are documented in the HELP file.
    Example: http://help.autodesk.com/view/ACD/20...B-6B0EE09F5E3F & http://help.autodesk.com/view/ACD/20...mepage_dev.htm

Lee Ambrosius also posts specifically about autolisp changes.
    Example: http://hyperpics.blogs.com/beyond_th...n-changes.html
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

Login to Give a bone

Lee also participates in the Beta forums (you can sign up here), and has been quite helpful in resolving some issues I've had, leading up to the past couple of releases.

Cheers
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000