It is well known that the scale parameter of dependant views is linked to the parent view.

Wish part 1 - To have a check box in the dependant view properties that switches off this link so that I can independently change the scale of the dependant views from their parent.

Wish part 2 - To be able to successively create hierarchal dependant views of dependant views. i.e. be able to create dependants such as great grandparent > grandparent > parent > child for a hierarchical structure of dependant views all of whom have independent scales.

Wish part 3 - To be able to group dependant views independently of their parent views in the Project Browser but for the dependant views to remain dependant on their parent. I could then group parent and dependant views separately by classification.

The reasons behind these related wishes is so that a parent view can be fully 2D annotated at say 1:50 scale and then dependants created with scales independent say for 1:20 strip sections, 1:5 details and so on. The parent view would be the main annotated view where all editing is done to the 2D model related annotation including cut profiles, and subsequent child, grandchild views would only need additional annotation per that scale view. This would, at a stroke, remove all the painful and unnecessary repeated annotation we have to do for each scale and remove the need to keep repeating cut profiles per view as they would be dependent on the parent view.

These wishes are fundamental to Revit detailing, which currently is worse than AutoCAD or Microstation 2D worlds where we can XRef parent views and crop XRef boundaries then simply add additional annotation to different scaled views or drawing files. The more cumbersome way of detailing in Revit is a mission critical failing of Revit.