Thread: CTB file management

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default CTB file management

Is there a way to change the virtual colors in a CTB file. Not the plot results. the virtual CTB color.

I am setting up a company standard and I want all the existing data to be #'s that end with 7 i.e. 37, 47, 87 so forth. There are about (2) #s that are so dark they almost cant be seen with the typical black background. Can I brighten the virtual color of #37 & #247 to show brighter in the dwg?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: CTB file management

Simple answer. No.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Not sure where you're going with this, but you may be better off using layer name prefixes for existing, proposed, etc. since the layers are sorted by name. You can even add layer filters to display only the layers you want.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

I thought not actually

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Of course with a STB file you could use whatever colors you want since you set the Plot Style separately.

Still not sure exactly what you're goal is, if you describe that you will get a more informed response from a variety of users.

Login to Give a bone

We moved to STB many moons ago. Yes, there are headaches in the transition. With some training, most of those headaches have subsided.

Controlling lineweights and plot styles separately makes presentation easier in the long run.

Before moving from CTB, I had also developed a color scheme to assign colors to different aspects of the drawing. I also found the darker colors made it difficult to view on screen.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

I would probably find stb more useful, if the lineweights shown on screen via LWDISPLAY actually referenced the stb file settings, instead of having to manually coordinate the ByLayer and ByEntity lineweights to match the stb. And invariable someone skips some somewhere in the set. At least with ctb I _know_ what green is going to look like on paper.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by cadtag View Post
    I would probably find stb more useful, if the lineweights shown on screen via LWDISPLAY actually referenced the stb file settings, instead of having to manually coordinate the ByLayer and ByEntity lineweights to match the stb. And invariable someone skips some somewhere in the set. At least with ctb I _know_ what green is going to look like on paper.
    My drawings have the lineweights assigned in the drawing. The STB determines the colors / greyscales / blacks to use per the assigned plot styles.
    jUSt

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by cadtag View Post
    I assume you know from memory what green is going to look like on paper? Lineweight shown on screen via LWDISPLAY do referenced lineweight as long as you don't change them in the Plot Style. While I remember having to set lineweights in a CTB many years ago we've been able to assign lineweights to layers and objects since the 2000 version. Whenever I want to see what it's going to look like on paper I use Quickly Toggle Plot styles by Tim Creary which I've added to my Ribbon.