Thread: Info on Document Management for Real Estate

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Info on Document Management for Real Estate

Where would I start looking for information on dwg and document management for a national company with a portfolio of thousands of buildings large and small.
    We outsource this currently, but I'm looking to become educated on this aspect of my work. I come from Architecture, so companies are small there. Architecturally we were also only involved with the project life, not the building life.

Thanks

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Info on Document Management for Real Estate

Is this more inline with Facilities Management? Or strictly file management?
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Info on Document Management for Real Estate

Yes, I'm curious what type of thing you're looking for. Simply storage, organizing drawings and documents? or Active management of the portfolio like a Lease Management or CAFM software, with the ability to query the data and report on it?

There are total solutions for CAFM (space, maintenance, real estate, asset & occupancy), then there are real estate specific products (sometimes with maintenance or project management or space add-ons, but, they're focused on leasing features).

If you are looking purely to manage the documents as themselves, check the Similar Threads feature at the bottom of this post, it will guide you to some existing discussions.
    If you're looking for lease management or similar software, we can move this post to the Facilities Management - In Practice forum so it doesn't get lost in the higher volume of autocad questions here.
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost