Thread: Major & Minor Tangent Edges

Wish List Administration

Default Major & Minor Tangent Edges

Summary: It would be nice to have major & minor tangent edges selectivity. On an drawing, when looking straight at a channel, it looks like a rectangle with no edges for the legs. I go in and turn on the tangent edges, but it shows every tangent edge which is normally 4 lines per channel leg. I then go and toggle the visibility of 3 lines per leg to make it look like a rectangle with a line at top and bottom to represent the legs. It seems like I am spending more time on turning the visibility of lines off than detailing the drawings.

Description: It would be nice to have major & minor tangent edges selectivity. On an drawing, when looking straight at a channel, it looks like a rectangle with no edges for the legs. I go in and turn on the tangent edges, but it shows every tangent edge which is normally 4 lines per channel leg. I then go and toggle the visibility of 3 lines per leg to make it look like a rectangle with a line at top and bottom to represent the legs. It seems like I am spending more time on turning the visibility of lines off than detailing the drawings.

Product and Feature: Inventor - DWG

Submitted By: smashmouthhockey90149456 on 03/17/2016

Wish List Administration

Exclamation Re: Major & Minor Tangent Edges

Major & Minor Tangent Edges

Summary: It would be nice to have major & minor tangent edges selectivity. On an drawing, when looking straight at a channel, it looks like a rectangle with no edges for the legs. I go in and turn on the tangent edges, but it shows every tangent edge which is normally 4 lines per channel leg. I then go and toggle the visibility of 3 lines per leg to make it look like a rectangle with a line at top and bottom to represent the legs. It seems like I am spending more time on turning the visibility of lines off than detailing the drawings.

Description: It would be nice to have major & minor tangent edges selectivity. On an drawing, when looking straight at a channel, it looks like a rectangle with no edges for the legs. I go in and turn on the tangent edges, but it shows every tangent edge which is normally 4 lines per channel leg. I then go and toggle the visibility of 3 lines per leg to make it look like a rectangle with a line at top and bottom to represent the legs. It seems like I am spending more time on turning the visibility of lines off than detailing the drawings.

Product and Feature: Inventor - DWG

Submitted By: smashmouthhockey90149456 on 03/17/2016