Thread: Multiple Leaders for Tags

Wish List Administration

Default Multiple Leaders for Tags

Summary: I would like tags to be able to have multiple leaders. Seems simple since text can, but tags cannot. Please add this feature. Thank you.

Description: I would like tags to be able to have multiple leaders. Seems simple since text can, but tags cannot. Please add this feature. Thank you.

Product and Feature: Revit Architecture - Annotation Tools

Submitted By: ColoradoRic on 03/31/2016

Default Re: Multiple Leaders for Tags

Hi ColoradoRic, I suspect that text and tag leaders are fundamentally different in how they're coded...

Unlike a text leader, a tag's leader actually points to the object the tag is "pulling' information from. Since a tag is only ever "pulling" information from one source object, it will only point to one object. I'm not sure tags can be coded to have multiple "live" leaders - intuitively I'd say this might lead to conflict for the software. i.e. if the information from the two source objects is different, which object should the tag's information be coming from?

However maybe there could be a way for tags to have extra "fake" leaders, for cases where you might, for example, want to point to more than one adjacent wall with the same wall tag...

Default Re: Multiple Leaders for Tags

This is easily achievable by creating multiple tags whose text overlap (they should snap to each other) while their leaders don't.

You still need to associate the tags with the correct elements. This is only useful when you have multiple instances of the same elements close to each other, and you want to annotate them only once and show multiple leaders.

Its easy to do, while having one tag create multiple leaders would be difficult because they would need to point at the same object types. Otherwise, what value would the tag display?

Wish List Administration

Exclamation Re: Multiple Leaders for Tags

Multiple Leaders for Tags

Summary: I would like tags to be able to have multiple leaders. Seems simple since text can, but tags cannot. Please add this feature. Thank you.

Description: I would like tags to be able to have multiple leaders. Seems simple since text can, but tags cannot. Please add this feature. Thank you.

Wish List Administration

Exclamation Re: Multiple Leaders for Tags

Multiple Leaders for Tags