Thread: Vault Basic - Add R/W Library to Current Vault Project

Login to Give a bone

Default Vault Basic - Add R/W Library to Current Vault Project

Hi All!
    The vault projects properties in the project editor are not editable. Is there a way to add a r/w library to the vault project I'm currently using?

Background:
    I have been using inventor with vault basic since 2015 release. I have a single vault project I use for everything. I have upgraded to 2016. I have been working on a project that requires a MT/WT T from the Frame Generator and this part worked when I started this project in the 2015 release. Now in 2016 there is a known bug for this frame generator part. The work around would be to publish the T part I need to the content center. Works fine in a non vaulted project but because I don't have a r/w library in vault it fails.

The first fix would to have Autodesk release a fix for this frame generator part but till then.... I'm Stuck.

I'm a noob when comes to vault and vault has been a mix of pluses and minuses since I started using it, but we are a multi user environment so I feel we need to use it.

The vault projects properties in the project editor are not editable. So I can't add a Library directly. Is there a way to add a r/w library to the vault project I'm currently using? Or is there a different solution?

FIY: In my Vault Server Console I have R/W Libraries but I don't see them in the Vault Basic Client or when I create a new vault project in the project editor.

Thanks for your help.
    John

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Vault Basic - Add R/W Library to Current Vault Project

I have had significant issues with vault, as well, that I just end up living with... That being said, maybe you should take a look at Vault Pro. I have not experienced any issues with any Content Center shapes in FG, including a number of custom profiles, when using Vault Pro.