See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Door Family with extended frame to cut through wall and lining - inconsistent display in elevations

Login to Give a bone

Default Door Family with extended frame to cut through wall and lining - inconsistent display in elevations

I attach an example project file which has a wall shown grey, to which a lining shown yellow (another wall type) has been joined to the first wall.

I am trying to create a door family which cuts through both wall and lining with a door frame which runs through both wall and lining, which I also attach.

Please take a look at the North Elevation and South Elevation of the project in Coarse Mode to best see this phenomena, in which the architraves are not visible.

I am perplexed that in the project north elevation the door leaf is not visible (there is an undercut to the door that should show), whereas in the project south elevation the door is visible and the undercut can be seen.
    Further, in the project south elevation there is a second line around the door frame (which I assume is the opening in the wall) which does not show in project north elevation.

Can anyone understand why there is a difference in visibilty between north and south views, whilst (I think) the setings for the two views are identical?
    Any suggestions what may be causing the door leaf to disappear in north elevation and the extra lines appear around the door frame in south elevation?
    Any help or suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Robin.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Door Family with extended frame to cut through wall and lining - inconsistent display in elevations

In the project, set phase filter to ‘show complete’ or ‘show previous + new’. Filter ‘show all’ displays also a demolished object (a piece of wall where the door is in your case) which is covering your door. Turn on shading to see what I’m talking about (red object).

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Door Family with extended frame to cut through wall and lining - inconsistent display in elevations

Thankyou so much PijPiwo, that was the problem. I hadn't realised my Test Project was set to 'show all' and was hiding the door by the wall that the door opening demolished. I was so focused on it being a problem with the family itself and assumed something was wrong with my visibility settings. I normally don't use 'show all' in actual projects.
    Thankyou for taking the time to look at the problem and posting a reply,
    Robin