Thread: Grips on Columns in 3D Views.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Exclamation Grips on Columns in 3D Views.

Ok so a Structural guy in our office wanted to know if there is anyway to have grips(ref planes) display while in 3D view and within project (rvt) to pull the column by grips?

So far I worked a way around getting the columns to have grips to pull vertical north and south with the base being the pin constraint but I can only get the grips to show in elevation or section views.( I took the column out of a structural template and dropped it in a generic to get the column unconstraint from the Level 1 and Level 2. Once I have just one level I changed it from generic to structural again.)

So basically I'm asking....IS IT POSSIBLE TO ACTUALLY HAVE A COLUMN WITH GRIPS TO PULL IN 3D VIEW???

Thanks in advan!

Cheers,

Mike

Revit Forum Manager Steve_Stafford's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Grips on Columns in 3D Views.

System families like walls, duct and pipe have grips in 3D views, component families don't display grips in 3D views, sorry...no. Even if they did, it wouldn't be accurate unless there was something visible to snap to. That would mean you'd have to refine the top constraint of the column regardless...unless you were content to have a height that was almost but not quite at the correct level or very nearly 14' tall.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Grips on Columns in 3D Views.

Quote Originally Posted by duaner ekim View Post
    Ok so a Structural guy in our office wanted to know if there is anyway to have grips(ref planes) display while in 3D view and within project (rvt) to pull the column by grips?

So far I worked a way around getting the columns to have grips to pull vertical north and south with the base being the pin constraint but I can only get the grips to show in elevation or section views.( I took the column out of a structural template and dropped it in a generic to get the column unconstraint from the Level 1 and Level 2. Once I have just one level I changed it from generic to structural again.)

So basically I'm asking....IS IT POSSIBLE TO ACTUALLY HAVE A COLUMN WITH GRIPS TO PULL IN 3D VIEW???

Thanks in advan!

Cheers,

Mike
    It can be done with Dynamo. See here: http://dutchrevitblog.blogspot.com/2...gridlines.html