First of all, this is NOT the same old "my crosshairs have disappeared in a viewport" problem.

Around the time my company switched to C3D 2015 (we have since upgraded to 2016), we've started encountering this problem: whenever we select an intelligent object (pipe/structure/feature line/etc...) and then hit ESC to deselect the object, the crosshairs disappear and we are left with the standard cursor. To get the crosshairs back, we must click anywhere within model space (which creates a selection window, so it knows where the crosshairs should be, it’s just not visible) then hit ESC or click again. While it started out as a minor nuisance, after ~1.5 years of dealing with it, it has become infuriating.

This occurs in both model tab and viewports, and only when intelligent objects are selected & deselected. This does not happen to coworkers in a different office/city. We have compared system variables & settings on everything we can imagine with no luck. I have run Repairs with no avail. I was just issued a brand new computer, which also did not fix the issue. I have tried the various 3DConfig/LINESMOOTHING/LINEFADING fixes for the common disappearing crosshair problem, but none of them have worked.

AutoCAD C3D 2016 SP2.0
Hardware Acceleration is OFF
Windows 10 (happens to other in-house coworkers on Windows 7 as well)

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!