See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: 3D Studio Viz R2

Login to Give a bone

Default 3D Studio Viz R2

Awhile back, I had to replace my old computer, and upgraded from Windows 2000 to Windows XP.

Along the way, I found out that in order for my 3D Studio Viz R2 to work in XP, I had to download and install and updated driver for the Rainbow Technologies "Sentinel" Hardware Lock that was screwed into the back.

Much more recently, some problems with the computer occured, the hard drive was replaced, and I've been re-installing all my programs.

I'm getting a message from 3D Studio Viz R2:

"Hardware lock drivers not installed, program will terminate"

Now, I KNOW this is an ancient program... but it's what I have, and I have more than 15 YEARS worth of models on my computer.

Can anyone point help me find the download (since there's a possibility the drivers may have been wiped), or how to install it, IF it's still somewhere, hiding, on the machine?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: 3D Studio Viz R2

Quote Originally Posted by Profh0011 View Post
    Awhile back, I had to replace my old computer, and upgraded from Windows 2000 to Windows XP.

Along the way, I found out that in order for my 3D Studio Viz R2 to work in XP, I had to download and install and updated driver for the Rainbow Technologies "Sentinel" Hardware Lock that was screwed into the back.

Much more recently, some problems with the computer occured, the hard drive was replaced, and I've been re-installing all my programs.

I'm getting a message from 3D Studio Viz R2:

"Hardware lock drivers not installed, program will terminate"

Now, I KNOW this is an ancient program... but it's what I have, and I have more than 15 YEARS worth of models on my computer.

Can anyone point help me find the download (since there's a possibility the drivers may have been wiped), or how to install it, IF it's still somewhere, hiding, on the machine?
    I remember having the same problem a few years ago but I don't remember where I got the drivers from. I know it was a third-party site.
    Probably worth looking here.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: 3D Studio Viz R2

Hello Jaberwok,

It worked! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

I wasn't sure what to do with the options that came up when the Installation program popped up onscreen-- so i just clicked "okay" on the default setting. And it worked!

My hope is that one of these days-- when I can afford a copy of LIGHTWAVE-- to translate any existing models to that. In 1997-98, I spent 9 months working on that at a job, and it was incredibly easy to learn and use. Plus, it worked. There were a number of features in my 3D STUDIO that refused to work, even if I followed the instructions exactly step-by-step. I know a badly-designed program when I see one!

THANKS AGAIN!