Thread: Keep point parameter centered during insertion as size changes

Login to Give a bone

Default Keep point parameter centered during insertion as size changes

Ok, I hope I can explain my predicament clearly. I have a rectilinear block (attached herein) with an XY parameter that stretches the length and width accordingly. A lookup table controls the XY parameter changes. The base point for the block is at 0,0 which is the upper right corner of the rectilinear shape. I have added a point parameter at the center of the rectilinear shape, with the Cycling option set to Yes, and a move action to keep this point parameter centered as the XY parameter is modified. Except that it only keeps the point parameter centered AFTER the block is inserted. If I select a different Size in the Properties Palette during the insertion process, and then use CTRL to cycle to the center insertion, it isn't centered, but instead at the original center point. Can this be corrected?
    Attached Files Attached Files

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Keep point parameter centered during insertion as size changes

The block works as expected when I tried it with the point parameter always in the center. Try reinserting the block so you are starting with a fresh block and see if it works differently than the one you are currently using.
    ~Nancy

Quote Originally Posted by jlpeterson73 View Post
    Ok, I hope I can explain my predicament clearly. I have a rectilinear block (attached herein) with an XY parameter that stretches the length and width accordingly. A lookup table controls the XY parameter changes. The base point for the block is at 0,0 which is the upper right corner of the rectilinear shape. I have added a point parameter at the center of the rectilinear shape, with the Cycling option set to Yes, and a move action to keep this point parameter centered as the XY parameter is modified. Except that it only keeps the point parameter centered AFTER the block is inserted. If I select a different Size in the Properties Palette during the insertion process, and then use CTRL to cycle to the center insertion, it isn't centered, but instead at the original center point. Can this be corrected?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Keep point parameter centered during insertion as size changes

Quote Originally Posted by NEaton View Post
    The block works as expected when I tried it with the point parameter always in the center. Try reinserting the block so you are starting with a fresh block and see if it works differently than the one you are currently using.
    ~Nancy
    Neaton,

Thanks for the response. Are you changing the Length and Width parameters and then CTRL cycling to the center insertion during the insertion process? If I try that, it doesn't work as it seemingly should. If it does work for you, what version of AutoCAD are you using?

Thanks,
    Jason