Thread: Revit - Section Bound/Not Bound

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Question Revit - Section Bound/Not Bound

So I have noticed something since I started using Revit ver 2013 and have seen this ever since. I have asked numerous people and have searched online for this answer yet I cannot seem to find results. I apologize if someone has answered this somewhere else on here however it perplexes me and I hope someone can answer hot make this adjustment.

I have seen when you create a section that the bounding box sometimes will pull the flags with them. However the majority of the time it will not. I don't know how to toggle this and cannot find anything in the properties box that would make this adjustment. Below is a quick screen capture video that demonstrates this issue. Thanks!!!

So hopefully someone out there can answer this!

Digital Delivery Director Brian Myers's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Revit - Section Bound/Not Bound

I'm going to make a guess, because I don't know the answer and I don't have Revit in front of me.

Were both sections created in the same view? I'm wondering if that's a function of a section created inside another view but displaying in your current view?

I could be completely wrong, but it's worth checking.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Revit - Section Bound/Not Bound

From personal experience I can tell you that when my sections are drawn from another section view they maintain the relationship between the bounding box and the section tag (head/tail).

A few things I've noticed that may guide you:
    The section tag will only maintain this relationship when they are within the crop region of the plan. Once you extend the bounding box beyond the crop region the section tags seem to be overruled by the annotation crop, but will return to the previous relationship with the bounding box once the limit is within the crop region again.
    If you adjust the location of the section tag instead of the bounding box, this disconnects the bounding box and the section tags. Unlike the 2d and 3d controls on grid lines I haven't been able to reverse the disconnect.

Hopefully this is helpful to anyone observing the same issue.