See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Feature Templates

Login to Give a bone

Default Feature Templates

Hi, New to MAP, have used AutoCAD for years. In 2016 are there feature templates supplied with the program. I have a Electric NA Model Template but I cannot seem to locate the templates for features like cross sections or transformers, etc. Is there somewhere to download these templates.

Thanks so much. Linda
    Have a Great Day! B"H

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Feature Templates

The Electrical template is just a sample of what you can create or a simple way to get started. Used more in the data connect (FDO) environment than in a normal dwg base environment.
    What are you wanting to do?

Login to Give a bone

Hi, so I am starting from paper maps and laying out the electric grid. The Electric NA Model has a bunch of features like say a transformer, I place the transformer and want to change the style and it gives me a library definition ohxfr and I want to change that to underground however the 'Library' files are not there when I select to go to the library. Another is the segments which will mimic the trenches, however I need a crossection template and cannot find any listed or folder or???. I am used to working with Civil and Architectural, and electrical where models, templates, even manufacturer data is supplied in libraries. I find it hard to believe I have to create everything I need to use for the electric grid, That is like taking me back to AutoCAD for DOS.

Using data connect is good if one has information like I am using a sdf for the road centerlines and have them come in display the linetype and the street names.

I do not install or update the software so I do not know if something is missing or if libraries are just not supplied. I am really frustrated with the program.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Regards Linda
    Have a Great Day! B"H

Login to Give a bone

Those templates Electrical NA and etc are all part of the Industry Models meant to be used with Oracle or another database. They are part of the old Topobase that got added to Map3D. There is very little help available to show how to use those. The idea behind it is to allow 3rd party or re-sellers create all the data and maps for users then just give you a lesson on what button to push to add a new customer to your grid or set in a new set of OCR's.

Good luck.