Thread: Flexible Tags, is it possible ?

Login to Give a bone

Default Flexible Tags, is it possible ?

Hi

I want to create a flexible Tag family, meaning that I can grab a handle in the tag and drag it to accommodate the amount of information from the tagged family. I tried to create an instance dimension parameter in the tag family it self, dint work, I created a generic annotation inserted it in the tag family also didnt work ? do you guys have an idea or a work around it ?

The reason for this is that i have a different amount of data in each equipment and I want to make the tag flexible to work with it

Thanks Guys

Capture.jpg

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Flexible Tags, is it possible ?

You could create a series of separate tags, one for each height you need, and swap them in as needed.

Or, if you have a reasonable, finite number of preset conditions, you could put all the graphics in one tag family with a number of different types, and use visibility parameters to control which bits are seen in each family. One possible drawback is that leaders will attach based on the overall maximum area of all of the types, which could result in weird leader attachment points for types showing less than the maximum.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Flexible Tags, is it possible ?

While there is a way to do what you're asking, it adds some unnecessary complication. I would suggest creating a 3x3 grid and a parameter that fills in each of the variables you want. Assuming you never go past 9 gas types. Otherwise, the simplist solution is what dkoch suggested which is using visibility parameters to change the size of your box tag as you fill it in more. Still a bit of a manual process but you're probably only using this tag two dozen times or so, once...right?