Summary: When creating a new view template, I would like to have the ability to add multiple types of other view templates that control other view template parameters.

Description: So this would be like ordering a pizza online. choose your crust, sauce, cheese, and toppings.

You can sort of achieve this by using the "includes" checkbox. Even if you create a separate type of view template that is set to control certain parameters in a View template and build your view template that way. I want to be able to have a "parent" view template that would push override settings to other view templates allowing for a parametric process to be applied to our filters. So if you have several views that have different VG filter groups applied, you will only have to change one filter groups' settings that will flow down to the view templates that this VG overrride filter group is applied to. Currently, you can create a View Template that resembles Frankenstein, and is labor intensive to make changes to your filters that are not controlled by another view template. Incorporating a parametric mindset to building a view template with regards to VG overrides filters would allow managers to create a filter schema that is quickly updated and would provide continuity for company standards and make it easier for the user to control how their documents look.

If I were a BIM Manager and wanted to update the VG overrides filters in my companys project templates; I could do it from one place.

Product and Feature: Revit MEP - Other

Submitted By: CADMariner on 05/13/2016