Thread: Remove the multi files error and reduce file size at same time

Login to Give a bone

Default Remove the multi files error and reduce file size at same time

Hi guys can anybody knows... How to remove the errors from multi .dwg files at same time. Because I have more than 200 dwg files and each file has 55mb to 350mb in size. which is normally not possibl. I believe this because of some errors in file.. And I tried to remove the error by using purge, audit, dxf format, and dgnpurge methods. After these methods now the file size is showing 5 to 10mb. But one of big problem is that inside the dwg file attached images are not appearing but links are as its. When I reattach the image by reference manager and remove the xreference from dwg the the file size getting same as 50 to 350md. And its taking too much time to do one by one..... Can anybody solve this issue... I need to remove multi files errors and reduce file size at same time. Any help will be more appropriated....

Thanks

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Remove the multi files error and reduce file size at same time

I would recommend experimenting with ACCORECONSOLE. You'll need to develop a script which will audit, purge, and save as desired. You could then use ScriptPro and assign this script to run against your desired drawings. You will need to assign the ACCORECONSOLE executable within ScriptPro, otherwise it will open each drawing using the standard ACAD executable, which will open the drawing graphically.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Remove the multi files error and reduce file size at same time

You also may consider creating a .bat file that starts ScriptPro using a defaults.bpl file as an argument to the .exe to load default settings. This .bpl file can be created within ScriptPro. The one thing I have had to adjust in the default way ScriptPro opens is the 30 second time out window. I reset this to 5 min to allow time for some of our larger drawings to actually load in to AutoCAD before timing out and moving on to the next file in the list. I suspect you may experience the same need for more time.