This is very frustrating! I'm trying to get AutoCAD MEP 2014 to schedule out correct cut lengths for MJ pipe, only to have it draw the pipes shorter than that while the schedule reports a total length longer than the run itself. After looking in the forums here I found that MEP takes into account the length of the connector. Which probably works great for flanges, but completely throws off belled end pipe. Not to mention that industry standard is to detail and cut per lay length so I can't give this schedule to my field guys to install.

Does anyone have a way to A) get the pipe to draw correctly (I.E. 17'-6" from end of pipe to inside of bell), and B) schedule the correct lay length of pipe?

I'd like to have some way to do this automatically, because I know that if I have to rely on manually adjusting the cut length based on size of pipe, I'll forget at some point and draw a bunch of piping at the wrong length. I've tried changing the CEL in the MJ connector but that doesn't seem to work either.