Thread: certified families for steel connections

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default certified families for steel connections

Hi, I'm an Italian Revit user. I can't get any certified family of profiles to make steel connections function. I tried to reach German sections from Revit Extensions, i.e. I chose a "Dinpro" profile, I made a simple frame with Frame Generator, I put it in my model to import the desired section, but when I checked it I found out that it hadn't the new parameter "Section Name Key".
    How can I do to get the necessary libraries?
    Thank for help
    Monica

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: certified families for steel connections

Quote Originally Posted by Monica Bertinotti View Post
    Hi, I'm an Italian Revit user. I can't get any certified family of profiles to make steel connections function. I tried to reach German sections from Revit Extensions, i.e. I chose a "Dinpro" profile, I made a simple frame with Frame Generator, I put it in my model to import the desired section, but when I checked it I found out that it hadn't the new parameter "Section Name Key".
    Thank for help
    Monica
    so, do you even have the steel connections then? based on what little I know, you can NOT make your own families for the steel connections. if you are not on subscription and download/install it with Revit 2017 then there is nothing you can do.

maybe try contacting your reseller to see if they can help?

the structural connections have been far one of the biggest let downs based on the number of questions over on the autodesk forums - mostly related to why people could not see them when revit got installed

Login to Give a bone

There is no problem installing the steel connections addin it just won't work with most profiles, its the special certified families you need. These are currently US, Canada, UK, Australia, Germany, France, Poland and India (http://help.autodesk.com/view/RVT/20...5-5069F71B69F3). They should be available on your installation media. I would guess that maybe the German or French libraries would be the ones you need. You cant use ones from earlier versions of Revit.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Hello,
    I also have the same problem
    To get the metallic profiles Families of HEA and IPE. I need a certified families.
    Someone can help me
    Thank you

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Monica Bertinotti View Post
    Thank for help
    Monica
    Hi Monica,

Rather than use the sections generated by the Revit Extensions Content Generator, you need to download the latest versions of the Revit certified families.
    (A list of certified families can be found here: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/suppo...B69F3-htm.html)

To download content, you must use the Content Installer from Add/Remove programs.
    (Instructions on how to do this can be found here: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/suppo...installed.html)

Note that if you are using a version of Revit in a Language that is different than the language the Certified Content was created in, you may run into an issue creating connections.
    If you do, please refer to this knowledge base article: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/suppo...evit-2017.html)

Joe