Thread: Model & Paper Space tabs autohiding randomly, causing screen to rescale/refresh constantly

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Model & Paper Space tabs autohiding randomly, causing screen to rescale/refresh constantly

A user in my office is experiencing odd model & paper space tab behavior. I would describe it as autohiding but it happens constantly while they attempt to draw in model space. At first I thought it was an issue with their video card because the entire screen would blink and refresh whenever they moved their mouse - upon closer inspection I noticed a change in their tabs. At rest their tabs are condensed down and an expanding arrow is needed to jump to a different tab.Capture1.JPG As soon as the mouse is moved all the tabs appear on a new row above all the bottom icons. Capture2.JPGThis causes the model space work area to resize and shifts all the linework ever so slightly, making a thoroughly frustrating experience.

All my searches thus far have only lead to solutions relating to getting the tabs to appear - nothing about this odd autohiding behavior.

Edit: Figured it out but thought I'd leave this up in case anyone else has the same issue. The solution was an option to have the tabs docked above the status bar, which can be enabled by right clicking a paper tab (thought for sure I had checked there, too!).
    Last edited by iferrier1730493; 2016-06-23 at 03:19 PM.