Thread: Angled Array Parameters with Extrusions

Login to Give a bone

Default Angled Array Parameters with Extrusions

Hello,

I'm trying to make a family for crosswalk lines on a site plan that has an array parameter to allow it to add more painted lines at specified spacing and also be able to rotate at various angles. I created a simple extrusion that represents one painted line, it's just a very shallow solid extrusion, and added an angle parameter within the extrusion so that if angle of the crosswalks path changes, the angle of the edges of the painted line changes as well (it changes from a rectangle to a parallelogram). When I have only one of the extrusions in the family and I change the angle it adjusts the extrusion just fine, but when I array the extrusion and then try to change the angle it throws everything way off course. Is it possible associate the array with the parameter (or reference line) that is controlling the angle of the extrusions, or vice versa?

I have attached a couple images showing the extrusion at 15 degrees and one at 30 degrees to show how the extrusion behaves when the angle changes. And the third image is what happens when I array the extrusion at the desired angle and apply a parameter for the spacing of the extrusions along the desired length (the formula being Number of Lines = Crosswalk Length / Spacing)

Any idea what I need to do to make the array a) work along an angled path b) adjust accordingly when that angle changes?

Probably confusing to read, sorry.

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Angled Array Parameters with Extrusions

Crosswalk01.JPG
    I do this.........