Thread: Revit 2016 - Curtain Wall - changing from Kawneer to Wausau causes grid to change

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Revit 2016 - Curtain Wall - changing from Kawneer to Wausau causes grid to change

Hello,

I'm hoping someone with more Revit curtain wall experience than me can give me a hand. I'm working on a project where curtain walls were created using Kawneer family (effectively as place holders - not by me) with the correct grid line spacing and are now to be changed to Wausau. I downloaded Wausau's Revit family and have imported the family into the model. When I select my curtain wall and change the family type from Kawneer to Wausau every curtain wall grid in the curtain wall moves, grid lines are added, etc. effectively undoing all of the already done grid line spacing.

Is it possible to retain the current grid line spacing and just replace the type, or will I need to completely remake every curtain wall in the project from scratch?

Thanks in advance, and I apologize if this is a stupid question but I have searched and can't find any answers in relation to this.

Jeremy

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Revit 2016 - Curtain Wall - changing from Kawneer to Wausau causes grid to change

Any chance you can post a small portion of the wall with the families you're trying to swap?
    If grids are being moved/deleted/added, I'm wondering how you're swapping them out.
    You would need to change the type properties of the wall and not swap out the wall, at least that's just a guess.

Certifiable AUGI Addict Dimitri Harvalias's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Revit 2016 - Curtain Wall - changing from Kawneer to Wausau causes grid to change

If you are only swapping mullion profiles then check to make sure both profile families have the same origin relative to the extent of the frames and that the spacing does not have 'adjust for mullion size' checked (assuming there might be a difference I the size of the mullions)