Thread: Shared Nested Families - Can I hide a family from schedules on demand?

Login to Give a bone

Default Shared Nested Families - Can I hide a family from schedules on demand?

I have only recently learnt to use the <Family Type> parameter to swap nested families in my AHUs and am loving it. I am using it to change the attenuator type that get offered with my units. I can get this working great aside from one thing:

What I would like to know is, is there a way to use this method but not having the attenuators in the family all the time? I would like the user to tick a box to add the attenuator on demand and then have the attenuator appear in schedules.

Originally, before I started using this family type parameter, I would simply be using an nested attenuator family that wasn't shared and therefore not schedulable and this was easily achieved using a yes/no parameter for the visibility of the attenuator.

I realise I could still do this for an additional family type so it would visibly disappear but this would still populate the schedules.

Is my best hope to just call the hidden attenuator family type something like 'no attenuator - ignore this' or words to that effect or is there a better way?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Michael

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Shared Nested Families - Can I hide a family from schedules on demand?

Well the answer could not be more simple.

A member on the 'Revit Forums' site pointed out to me that assigning a yes/no parameter to the nested family's visibility will also remove it from schedules when not ticked!
    I hadn't dreamt that would be the case so didn't even think to try it. It does in fact work