See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Central File Permission Hell

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Central File Permission Hell

Design option have their own unique workset, separate from the typicals. So you can only have one person work on a design option at a time.

Login to Give a bone

Hi all, I have two question that I hope to ask in a suitable topic.

1- I have a file that I created in Revit 2011 in another system, but I want to open it now with Revit 2017 but it doesn't synchronize it and it error that "This local file has been saved by user ... current is ... please change your user name or stop working on this file".
    but I don't have that system that I created this file. How can I synchronize it ??? and editable it (I can't edit this file)???

2-And I have a 3d AutoCAD file that I want to open with Revit for material and render but when I want to explode it. Revit error say "Import Instance has 44535 elements. Imports with more than 10,000 elements cannot be exploded." Then how can I give material and rendering it ???

sorry that I can't speak English good.

Login to Give a bone

for your First question, open the file detached. then save as to create a new upgraded central file.

For your second question, the short answer is you can't do that. You could break it up in autocad before hand. What kind of file it is. With that number of objects, lines and faces, I'm assuming it's a large assembly with a ton of internal parts. You don't need any of the internal parts to render it. You if it's all true autocad solids you could also try to join all of them to eliminate all the extra stuff.
    You could open it in inventor maybe and wrap it, then exchange it.
    Or apply the material in Autocad and try that method. (I don't allow autocad in my revit model)
    Faces in revit will only show material on one side. It would need to be a solid in order to apply material to both faces of the plane.
    Just some quick thoughts.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by abrang70707157 View Post
    Hi all, I have two question that I hope to ask in a suitable topic.

1- I have a file that I created in Revit 2011 in another system, but I want to open it now with Revit 2017 but it doesn't synchronize it and it error that "This local file has been saved by user ... current is ... please change your user name or stop working on this file".
    but I don't have that system that I created this file. How can I synchronize it ??? and editable it (I can't edit this file)???

2-And I have a 3d AutoCAD file that I want to open with Revit for material and render but when I want to explode it. Revit error say "Import Instance has 44535 elements. Imports with more than 10,000 elements cannot be exploded." Then how can I give material and rendering it ???

sorry that I can't speak English good.
    Hi my friends.
    I understand my questions that it's better to write my solution for another person that maybe have those problems. and thanks to you david_peterson for your reply.
    for the first problem I only, copy my project in another one.
    for the second that was a big project (It was a metro or subway station in four level-grounds), I only make each level to a mass.
    *** I derive that it was very good for big projects to make them in Autocad and bring them in revit for rendering because I think that revit hanging with this big project.
    Good Luck

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234