See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: 'Recent' Pop-Up Disappears When I Move The Cursor To Select A 'Recent' Project

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default 'Recent' Pop-Up Disappears When I Move The Cursor To Select A 'Recent' Project

In sheet set manger, in 'Recent' when I pick the pull down to open a recent project, I can see the recnet projects,
    in the pop-up window. However, when I move to cursor to pick a recent project, the pop-up window disappears.

Yes, I can create a new sheet or subset, open a new sheet from the Open button and even publish from the
    sub or 'sub-sub' menu.

By the way, it does not matter if the pop-up is on the left or the right of the Sheet Set Manager.

Thanks

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: 'Recent' Pop-Up Disappears When I Move The Cursor To Select A 'Recent' Project

same thing happens here, however if I pull the cursor to the side of the list of recent dst files, (without, mind you going all the way off, just off the main dialog bounds)
    then it works.

funkyess abounds.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: 'Recent' Pop-Up Disappears When I Move The Cursor To Select A 'Recent' Project

You have to keep the cursor in the "green" zone (shown here).
    If it goes into the "purple" zone, which is a natural movement, then the "recent" list goes away.

Poor UI/UX

R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

Login to Give a bone

a picture is worth a thousand words -- thanks for posting that

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by rkmcswain View Post
    You have to keep the cursor in the "green" zone (shown here).
    If it goes into the "purple" zone, which is a natural movement, then the "recent" list goes away.

Poor UI/UX
    [Autodesk]: That behavior is 'As Designed'.

"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

Login to Give a bone

I suppose they are piggybacking on some Microsoft drop-down control, and I can see *why* it happens, but they need to sit down and USE the tools they make.
    I would be okay with the list of recent files going away if the cursor leaves the area where is says ["Recent", "New Sheet Set", and "Open..."], but the fact that this is even a topic here shows that the current process #Fails.

R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBox View Post
    [Autodesk]: That behavior is 'As Designed'.

Of course -- if I design a septic system to discharge over a well field, that's perfectly fine. After all, it's 'As Designed'

Login to Give a bone

I suppose they are piggybacking on some Microsoft drop-down control, and I can see *why* it happens, but they need to sit down and USE the tools they make.
    That's the issue at it's core - what little they do use of the tools they make, is done in reference to what real-world production experience they might have (some of them have zero CAD experience, just a Master's degree) - which as I just learned about one of the 'better' UX members, they last worked with CAD +/- 20 years ago.

This (to my mind) explains why they're so comfortable with the current lack of performance, lack of efficiency & effectiveness.

I would be okay with the list of recent files going away if the cursor leaves the area where is says ["Recent", "New Sheet Set", and "Open..."], but the fact that this is even a topic here shows that the current process #Fails.
    That is correct; each Menu Item inherits certain Properties, Methods, and Events from the .NET Framework used to develop it.

What could be done to help accomplish this, is for Autodesk to tailor the 'hover' Event handlers for the 'top three', such that focus is not given to one of those three Menu Items while the cursor is in motion... Only when it stops on one of them respectively.

A loosely related example of this, is how Owen sub-classes the dialogs used within AutoCAD in order to expose the ability to resize them... Similarly, this could be done here (I believe), but such capability is not currently exposed to .NET API (Owen used ObjectARX [C++]).

Anyway... Wishful thinking, on our part.

Cheers

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Still not working. The "green zone" does not work. In my case, if I move the cursor 1/100th of an inch from the point of cursor contact, the window automatically closses; same on both sides of the Sheet Set Manager. Happens on both 2016 and 2017. This is so frustrating since I use the 'Recent'
    function a lot.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by omorah View Post
    Still not working. The "green zone" does not work. In my case, if I move the cursor 1/100th of an inch from the point of cursor contact, the window automatically closses; same on both sides of the Sheet Set Manager. Happens on both 2016 and 2017. This is so frustrating since I use the 'Recent'
    function a lot.
    Not sure if it's related, but I've had some issues with palettes / menus disappearing, but mine was a bit different in that they were visible fine _until_ I moused over them to click, at which point they'd vanish. Haha

The only fix for me, was to either close / reopen said palette, etc. or quit, and relaunch (perhaps even restart PC).

This for me was using 2016-2017 as well.

HTH

Computer Specs: