See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: PC3s & PMPs

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default PC3s & PMPs

I have gotten comfortable with creating the necessary PC3 files. This new task occurred out of necessity due to plot options being created everywhere and .......

I want to clean up the plotter support path so my first question is how relevant are the PMP files one subdirectory below?

I know the use for PMP are for plotter margins but cant I calibrate plotter and save it as a PC3 file and not need a dependent PMP file?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: PC3s & PMPs

Hope I understand you correctly.

If you make a change to certain properties of the PC3, such as custom paper sizes, a PMP file is created/edited.
    Do they have to live one folder below? I don't think so, because you can attach an existing PMP to a PC3 and you can browse anywhere to find that.
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by rkmcswain View Post
    Hope I understand you correctly.

If you make a change to certain properties of the PC3, such as custom paper sizes, a PMP file is created/edited.
    Do they have to live one folder below? I don't think so, because you can attach an existing PMP to a PC3 and you can browse anywhere to find that.
    Close. In fact close enough that I can ask this question now.

Can PC3 files be formatted and calibrated for production with out being PMP file dependent?

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by tim_newsome View Post
    Can PC3 files be formatted and calibrated for production with out being PMP file dependent?
    The short answer is... Yes, obviously.

The more detailed answer is that you'd only be configuring what the PC3 is inherently able to configure by design. Thus, if all you need to configure for your setup is what the PC3 inherently saves, yes.

Otherwise, your setup inherently depends on PMP as well, in which case you implicitly must also configure same.

Perhaps if you'd actually describe the reason for your initial inquiry, and why you're wanting to preclude the use of PMP in the first place, we might actually be able to offer a more helpful response.

Cheers
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000