See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Set default View angle

Login to Give a bone

Default Set default View angle

Is there any way to set the default for the direction you're looking when you "Focus on Clash" in the Clash results?
    I like to split my models up by floor, from just above the level to just above the floor above.
    This works well since most of the clashes occur in the interstitial space, but I don't necessarily know how deep the floor itself is.
    The downside of doing this is that the Focus on Clash always goes to a View from the upper right.
    Since my nwc files have the floor structure at the top, the clash is pretty much always hidden under the floor.
    If I could set my default angle to lower right, I wouldn't have to rest every single clash View.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Set default View angle

Update all of your view settings (field of view, speed ect) orient to your preferred view and then save that as the home view (right click on the house above the view cube.

Always click to return to the home view BEFORE running clash and your new views will adopt those settings.
    I prefer to orient in a north up plan view for most of my viewpoints to help the trades with orientation and finding the clashes easily.

You stated that you're seeing the floors in your clash results? Hide the floors using a saved view point set to hide required items in the "Saved Attributes > Hide/Required.
    You can get pretty deep into viewpoints and saved settings, using them to your advantage is priceless!

Perk

Login to Give a bone

Genius!
    I've struggled with that for a long, long time. You've made my life easier.
    As for the floors, I want to see to floors in my Views. There are several things I'm clashing against them.
    I also think that helps orient yourself to where you are in the building.
    It's just that every single one of the other clashes end up underneath it.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

You can have saved views (with "Saved Attributes" > Hide/Required with one having the floors on and one having the floors off. Name these uniquely as they are a global change (don't run clash with your floors off or it will reset your saved clash items).
    Then after you run clash you can turn the floors off easily and still find the clashes below the now hidden floors.

You can also save separate views that have the sectioning at above floor level and another just below (top of steel) leaving the floor on for clash but effectively hiding it via sectioning (except for sloped and depressed decks).

Like I said, the more I use saved views like this the more I find that I can creatively make it do work for me.