Thread: Unicode in Civil 3D Labels

Login to Give a bone

Default Unicode in Civil 3D Labels

Hello all,
    Recently I encountered a very specific need for point labels. Using a desc. only label I needed to format a very long desc. into multiple lines.
    EX: desc: N Sidewall West\pPCB's <1ppm (24')
    label: Attachment 103925

I was able to figure out how to do that here: http://blogs.rand.com/civil/2014/08/...tion-keys.html

Now my question is can I go any further with this. Can I use something similar to format color, font, etc...
    Any help would be greatly appreciated...
    This link is as far as I have gotten: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/suppo...E5967-htm.html

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Unicode in Civil 3D Labels

Are you looking to change colors or fonts of portions of the text within a point label? That is not available directly.

You may be able to create several components within the label to handle portions of the description. Of course, you would need an additional style.

BTW, your attachment did not attach to your post.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Unicode in Civil 3D Labels

My bad on the attachment Opie. Don't post here often.

To answer your question, yes i did want to change specific parts of the description. I was able to figure out how to do this.
    I had to create user defined properties for points. I made several copies of a description property (string value with default settings i believe).
    Then I created a point file format that would handle multiple descriptions. lastly after bringing the points in and applying the proper style, i was able to select the point and "edit label text" where i had multiple "descriptions." Not exactly automated, but it still saved me time from manually creating and editing MLeaders.

Long story short I needed this for showing hazardous waste concentrations at different depths of a soil boring. Anything under 100PPM was green, over was red.