Thread: Custom Part Parameter issue

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Custom Part Parameter issue

Greetings All!

I have a run into a problem with some custom part parameters I created not showing up as a parameter in all of my pipe network labels.

I needed to add some custom parameters to pipe network parts, so I used a workflow from the Being Civil Blog . This workflow worked beautifully for me. I edited the .xml file to add the custom parameter and then was able to add the parameter to my part in part builder. After doing a partcatologregen, I went to add the parameter to a plan view label style for my part and that worked as well. What didn't work was when I tried to add that same parameter to a "Crossing Pipe Profile Label" style and my parameter was nowhere to be found.

It's confusing to me because I added the parameter to the part itself, so if the label style is for the pipe network part, shouldn't it have access to any and all parameters associated with that part? anyway, does anyone have any ideas on how I could get around this issue? any and all suggestions will be appreciated. thank you all for reading.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Custom Part Parameter issue

Sometimes I've been able to copy the content from one label style and paste it into another label style that didn't have a certain parameter available. It may work as the two label style are referencing the same type of part.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by MMccall View Post
    Sometimes I've been able to copy the content from one label style and paste it into another label style that didn't have a certain parameter available. It may work as the two label style are referencing the same type of part.
    Thank you for your reply, but unfortunately that did not work. I have found a clunky workaround until a better solution comes along. I will utilize both label styles and make the leader for one of them not visible to give the illusion that they are apart of the same label. Definitely not ideal, but it will have to do for now.

Login to Give a bone

This has recently become a problem on my computer. It appears to be something with the application because it works fine on other machines, and when I reset my profile it works, but within 2-3 days it always goes back to being broken. Maybe reset your profile and see if the results are the same?

I have noticed the part properties don't display the custom parameters when I click them too when this happens, although I can see them if I go in to part manager and try to manage the part.

Login to Give a bone

I wish the makers of this software would drop some optional custom parameters into the pipes and structures and make them available in all the places we would expect them to be.

I have a custom parameter for pipes that I can access with a pipe label but I can't access it as a connected pipe parameter in a structure label. Is there an XML for connected pipe parameters somewhere?

In the mean time I've highjacked the Material parameter